My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://evanlucas.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, March 12, 2007

Merrily We Roll Along



If you didn't already know, Stephen Sondheim is a genious. This weekend I took the train to Providence to see my sister in Brown University's production of Merrily We Roll Along. This show opened on Broadway in 1981 and ran for only 16 performances. Perhaps critics didn't like that the show presents its scenes in reverse. Starting in 1980 and going back to 1960. The score for this show is brilliant and extremely challenging. I was impressed what a great job the cast does with such difficult material. I'm considering going back to see the show again next weekend. If you've never been to Providence you really must go. It's such a great place. Lots to do and see. Nice people, great architecture. It's a great weekend getaway.

No comments: