My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://evanlucas.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Icy roads and a dead rat..Oh what a beautiful mornin'

Good evening and welcome to the 10 o'clock news, I'm Evan Lucas. A winter storm is about to blow through our area and it could make the commute tomorrow morning trecherous. We have reporters standing by throughout the tri-state area reporting on the first storm of this winter. Sueshee Raw is in Morristown, NJ- Sueshee...

SueShee:(Bad Graphic and SFX) I'm standing in Morristown NJ and the storm has just started, I'm not sure if you can see the flakes falling behind me (camera turns, doesn't look like it's snowing at all).

Anchor: Thanks, Sueshee! Rob Pendleton is standing by in Westchester, Rob... (another bad graphic and SFX)

Rob: I'm here in Westchester where everyone is stocking up on milk and water. The snow hasn't hit yet, but temperatures are in the 20's with a windchill making it -40 below. Unbelievable...

Anchor: Stay tuned to this news broadcast for updates on school closing and this winter blast. Tina and I brought our sleeping bags so we'll be here all night. Keep safe.

I love snow. I had a hard time falling asleep last night as the white fluffy snow hit my window. Would I awaken to a winter wonderland? Probably not, but how about an icy wonderland? Yes! There was a nice icy coating on the ground and on my car this morning and after some scraping and brushing, I was on the way to the train station. Cars were crawling, some swerving, and I was hoping there would be a spot for me at the station as the parking is very limited. I got a spot, and the train came on time. Not bad!

The worst part of the commute in this morning was almost stepping on a dead rat. It was covered with some snow and ice and hard to see. It was huge and lying on it's back. Luckily I saw it and avoided it but wondered who would step on it? Man or woman? Child? Tall or short? I guess if I had a shovel I would have moved it out of the way, but I don't usually carry shovels to work. It must be nice to wake up in a place where you pass flowers, snowmen, fruit trees, rainbows, misty waters, on the way to work in the morning, not dead rats.

On that note, HAPPY VALENTINE's DAY!, or Singles Awareness day!

No comments: