My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://evanlucas.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, February 22, 2007

AFV

It's hard for me to believe that America's Funniest Videos is still going strong. The show premiered on January 14, 1990 with host Bob Saget. Many years later, it was hosted by Daisy Fuentes and John Fugelsang. Today, Tom Bergeron has the job of introducing these videos and being corny while doing so. I'm puzzled over the fact that people are still watching this show. Are they really? Are you secretly watching? I thought it was funny back in the day, ohhh perhaps 12 years ago. I wonder if my changed feelings toward this show has to do with age? Maybe I've seen enough kids hit their dad in the nuts with a bat? I don't know...My mission is to come up with the next AHV. Something with silly voiceovers, wacky sound effects, and happy families winning money. Want to brainstorm?


PS. When I exited the West 3rd Street Subway station this morning, a cheery woman tried handing me a NYC Condom. "But I hardly know you, I don't even know your name" was the response I wanted to give. Instead, I declined politely.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What's wrong with you? I would have taken the damn rubber.

Evan said...

James! You posted a comment! Woo-hoo! I was kicking myself for not taking it and flashing it around at work.

Anonymous said...

Evan,

Without a doubt you should have taken the condom. At the very least you could have use it as a water balloon. Also you are forgetting about the cheap knock off of America's Funniest Home Videos! It was hosted by Dave Colier (aka Joey from Full House). I do not recall the name of the show, but it was not funny.

Aldo