My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://evanlucas.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, July 6, 2009

Thoughts From The Weekend


I hope everyone had a happy and safe 4th of July, celebrating America's 233rd birthday. America, it was extremely difficult to put 233 candles on the cake so I'm sorry. I've mentioned before that this holiday is meaningful to me on many levels and I'll admit that I really enjoy a good fireworks show. I spent the 4th with great friends and couldn't help but to snap many photos throughout the day. When the sky decided to dim its lights, we headed over to the cliff for a view of the Hudson River. We weren't the only ones with this idea and we waited for the show to begin. Unfortunately, the display was further down the Hudson and there was a tree in the way. That was a letdown, but we enjoyed ourselves nonetheless. here are some thoughts that came across my mind this weekend...

1) I really enjoy cooking and preparing food but dicing peppers takes me awhile to do.
2) I love cherries and watermelon and kids.
3) Pizza on the grill can be just as good as pizza from the oven.
4) When you are the photographer, you can guarantee few pictures of yourself if any.
5) Don't let your dogs eat acorns.
6) I miss having sparklers.
7) I forgot to wear red or white and just went all blue.
8) I feel very lucky.
9) Is this paprika?
10) Does spraying the fruits and vegetables with vinegar really remove pesticide?

On Friday night, I finally got around to seeing Woody Allen's most recent film, Whatever Works starring Larry David, Evan Rachel Wood, Patricia Clarkson, and many other talented actors. Despite the horrible reviews this movie received I really enjoyed it. It's classic Woody Allen. Smart, fast paced, funny and neurotic. This man can write like none other. I'd love to get my hands on a copy of this script.

The other movie I watched this weekend was Dan In Real Life, a movie that somehow I missed but was recently suggested to me, and I thought it was very good. Steve Carell was excellent and the plot line was interesting and very simple. Family and finding love are at the center of this film and there are many wonderful family scenes. My personal favorite is the family "talent show" where Steve Carell's character, Dan and his brother knock out a rendition of "Let My Love Open The Door". The film was shot in Rhode Island and I recognized some of the locations in Providence. If you have Netflix, be sure to check out Dan In Real Life, you can play it right now through Netflix's on demand feature. The soundtrack for this film is really great as well.

In other news...

Little People of America are bringing their conference to NYC...

Lady Liberty's crown is now open.

Jon and I were glued to the Mens Singles Final Match with Roddick and Federer. Some incredible tennis.

Well, we knew one day it would come to this.

No comments: