My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://evanlucas.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Dear Diary...


As many of you know, I share an office with Erin and it's a fairly intimate space. While we get along well (she may say otherwise) we have our occasional argument or bicker but we also have fun, like on the days when we speak to each other in accents (we spoke with french accents for Bastille Day). The reason I bring Erin up today is because she turned to me after reading my blog the other day and said, "Evan, I like it when you tell us the personal stuff about yourself". To which I replied, "Thanks, but really most of the stuff I want to say, I can't because people will read the blog and it might cause some problems". Erin's comment made me think about the things I would write if I didn't have to edit my content for this blog. Will I start another private blog just for these thoughts? No. How about a journal? Probably not. I wish I could just lay it all out there. But I can't. Not right now anyway. So if you want to know my feelings about so and so, or my take on life, love and the pursuit of happiness, you're going to have to come straight to the source.

Ready for something beyond cool? Light Paintings!
Light paintings, also known as light drawing or light graffiti, is a photography technique in which exposures are usually made at night or in a darkened room. The images we are featuring here are from Jan Wöllert and Jörg Miedza, the guys behind LAPP-PRO. The light art performance photography (briefly LAPP) is a one-shot, long time bulb exposure photography, performed additionally with movement of light. LAPP originates on a real-time basis directly in front of the camera, created between opening and closing the shutter.


I get tons of fan mail on a daily basis. Every day at 3:00pm Harold the mailman shows up at our office with a sack full of letters. It's been a long time since I've responded to any, but today I am going to. Sooo, let's take a look at the first one. It comes from Anna Scottale from Las Vegas, Nevada. Anna writes:

Dear Evan,
I was very upset to read your thoughts on the newest Harry Potter movie. I am a huge fan of the books and the movie and had a chance to see a screening of it as well last week. I thought it was by far the best one yet. Just curious, did you have a favorite scene in the film?


Thanks Anna. I actually did have a favorite scene. Here, take a look:



The next question comes from Roberto Frappascio all the way in Rome, Italy! Roberto asks,

Ciao,
I am coming to NYC and want to get restaurant review from you. What do you recommend?


Well, Roberto, great question. There are so many great restaurants, it's difficult to pick one. I will however suggest you avoid the Bull and Bear Steakhouse at the Waldorf Astoria.

Looks like we have time for one more question aaaand this one comes from Stephanie Robinsky in Seattle, Washington.

Evan Almighty!
Big fan of yours writing in from Seattle, Washington. I followed Boaz Frankel's Un-Road Trip and was so excited to see that you joined up with him. Did you learn anything new about alternative fuel options?


Stephanie, that's an excellent question. So glad you asked. Well as you can imagine, being on the road for hours at a time it's not always easy to find a restroom. So on occasion I would have to run into the bushes but there's a point to this. I learned that an all-in-one machine has been developed which takes urine, extracts hydrogen from it, safely stores precious-yet-dangerous gas and later extracts it to generate energy. So Stephanie, pretty soon you won't have to worry about bringing empty bottles for the boys during those long car rides.

Well, that's about all the time we have today to answer letters. Keep them coming though.

No comments: